Innovative large-scale energy STORagE technologies AND Power-to-Gas concepts after Optimisation
- DVGW Deutscher Verein des Gas- und Wasserfaches – Technisch Wissenschaftlicher Verein EV – als Koordinator
- Uniper Energy Storage GmbH
- Regio energie Solothurn
- Engineering – Ingegneria informatica SPA
- HSR Hochschule für Technik, Rapperswil
- Politecnico di Torino
- Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
- Commissariat a l’energie atomique et aux energies alternatives
- Climeworks AG
- DBI Gas- und Umwelttechnik GmbH
- Studio Tecnico BFP Societa a Responsabilita limitata
- Stichting Energieonderzoek Centrum Nederland
- Stichting Energy Delta Institute
- Electrochaea GmbH
- Eidgenössische Materialprüfungs- und Forschungsanstalt
- Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne
- Stichting Energy Valley
- Gas- und Wärme-Institut Essen e.V.
- Hanzehogeschool Groningen Stichting
- IREN S.p.A.
- Karlsruher Institut für Technologie
- Schweizerischer Verein des Gas- und Wasserfaches e.V.
- Thyssen Krupp Industrial Solutions AG
- Comune di Troia
- Hysytech S.R.L.
Deliverable 7.5 Report on experience curves and economies of scale
This deliverable focuses on the analysis of investment cost reduction for power-to-gas applications through experience curves and economies of scale. Economies of scale refers solely to the effect of real cost reductions through an increase of the production volume and not to cost reductions in consequence of an increase in size in form of upscaling. To get a detailed view of technological learning, a component-based approach was developed with the model CoLLeCT- Component Level Learning Curve Tool. This allows for comparisons of learning effects between different technologies, investigation of cost structure developments, and consideration of spill over effects from concurrent technology sectors.
To read the full report, click here →
Deliverable 7.7 Analysis on future Technology Options and on techno-economic optimization
Since the market launch and development of PtG technology depend on, among other things, the profitability (and thus mainly on the investment costs) of the plant, the potential cost reduction are examined in this Deliverable D7.7. In addition to the key technological characteristics (e.g., state of the art and future projects), new developments, technologies and materials, and potential future fields of application are analysed. Finally, the SNG production costs are calculated for different applications in order to demonstrate PtG’s potential. In general, there is little difference in SNG production costs according to the technology used, whereby in future PtG plants with an alkaline electrolyser will have slightly higher SNG production costs than those with a PEM electrolyser, and a PtG plant built with an SOEC and catalytic methanation will tend to have slightly lower SNG production costs.
To read the analysis, click here →
Deliverable 7.8 Report on social and public acceptance determinats in selected EU-countries
The main goal of this Deliverable is to investigate factors that determine social acceptance of power-to-gas (PtG) technology in four involved in the STORE&GO project countries, namely Germany, Austria, Italy and Switzerland. In order to reach this goal, a survey of 500 households in each of the four countries was conducted. This survey included a choice experiment examining the preferences of European households with respect to PtG and alternative energy infrastructures. Further on, the survey also collected information on household knowledge and attitude with respect to renewable energy, as well as their current socio-demographic characteristics and their experiences with respect to their electricity provider and consumption issues (power outages, delays in bill payment, etc.).
To read the full report, click here →
Dr. Robert Tichler,
Dr. Johannes Reichl,
Dr. in Christina Friedl,
Dr. Sebastian Goers,
DI (FH) Johannes Lindorfer,
Andreas Zauner MSc.,
- Projektstatus: laufend (2016 -2019)
Integrierte Energiesysteme & Hybridnetze,
Behaviour, Engagement & Acceptance
- URL: http://www.storeandgo.info/